- 1 How do you successfully call a radio station?
- 2 How do you call on the radio?
- 3 How do you get through a busy radio line?
- 4 Is there a number you can call to listen to music?
- 5 How can I talk on a radio show?
- 6 What happens when you call into a radio show?
- 7 How do you answer a radio call?
- 8 What is proper radio etiquette?
- 9 What does * 57 do on a cell phone?
- 10 What does * 66 do on a cell phone?
- 11 What does * 89 do on the phone?
- 12 Does * 67 still work?
- 13 Does 555 1212 still work?
- 14 Does 411 still exist?
How do you successfully call a radio station?
7 Secret Tips to Winning a Radio Call -In Contest
- 1: Don’t call too early. Many people make the mistake of calling up before the contest even starts.
- 2: Remember that timing is everything.
- 3: Keep trying.
- 4: Don’t fear the hang-up.
- 5: Don’t fall for the endless ring.
- 6: Don’t try to fool the DJ.
- 7: Be enthusiastic.
How do you call on the radio?
Follow these easy steps to make a call.
- First listen to ensure the channel is clear for you. Press the PTT (Push-To-Talk) button.
- After 2 seconds: Say “recipient’s call sign” twice.
- followed by “THIS IS” and “your call sign”. Once the person replies, convey your message.
How do you get through a busy radio line?
Using Busy Line Redial
- Hang up the handset.
- Lift the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
- Press *66, then hang up the phone.
- Your phone continues to monitor the number for up to 30 minutes and a special callback ring alerts you if the line becomes free.
Is there a number you can call to listen to music?
The service originally launched in 1983 and ran for a number of years. Fans could call in and listen to new songs from the band that were recorded on a consumer answering machine. Now, fans can listen to a new track every week by calling a toll free number (844-387-6962), or by visiting the Dial -A-Song website.
How can I talk on a radio show?
Present Great Radio
- Know Your Listener. Understand everything about your audience; why they listen to you, when they listen, what they listen on.
- Make Your Listener Care.
- Talk to ONE Person.
- Be in Charge.
- Learn The Rules, Then Break Them!
- Make The Mic Your Mate.
- Be Yourself.
What happens when you call into a radio show?
You call the station and someone answers, they ask you what you ‘re planning to say. If they decide your story is acceptable they will usually put you through to a point where you say your thing and it’s recorded. The recording will then be played on-air and the hosts will talk about it.
How do you answer a radio call?
Learn the lingo
- Over – I’ve finished speaking.
- Say Again – Repeat your last message.
- Stand-by – I acknowledge your transmission, but can’t respond right now.
- Go ahead – I can respond, go ahead with your message.
- Roger – message received and understood.
- Affirmative / Negative – Yes / No.
What is proper radio etiquette?
Basic Radio Etiquette Rules Do not interrupt if you hear other people talking. respond. Never transmit sensitive, confidential, financial, or military information. Perform radio checks to ensure your radio is in good working condition.
What does * 57 do on a cell phone?
Malicious caller identification, activated by Vertical service code Star codes * 57, is an upcharge fee subscription service offered by telephone company providers which, when dialed immediately after a malicious call, records meta-data for police follow-up.
What does * 66 do on a cell phone?
It’s called “continuous redial,” and simply entering a code (* 66 ) after a busy signal will tell the line to keep redialing each time a call fails.
What does * 89 do on the phone?
*69 to dial the last caller. * 89 to cancel a Call Return request. *66 to monitor a busy line and inform you when it’s free.
Does * 67 still work?
Use * 67 to hide your phone number On a per-call basis, you can’t beat * 67 at hiding your number. This trick works for smartphones and landlines.
Does 555 1212 still work?
555 – 1212 is still used for directory assistance and 555 -4334 is reserved for assigned national use. But a set of 100 555 numbers have been officially designated for use in Hollywood, 555 -0100 through 555 -0199.
Does 411 still exist?
Consumers can opt in to listing their name and cellphone number with directory assistance services, such as 411. The information is currently not published in print or online directories.