- 1 What radio station plays oldies in California?
- 2 What local station plays oldies?
- 3 Is there a radio station that plays 50s and 60s?
- 4 Can radio stations play any song?
- 5 Does Art Laboe still do radio?
- 6 What is the KPOP radio station in California?
- 7 What are the best i heart radio stations?
- 8 What happened to oldies stations?
- 9 How do I listen to the radio on my phone?
- 10 What station is 50s music?
- 11 What were popular radio shows in the 1950s?
- 12 How many radios were sold in the 1950s?
- 13 How do Radios choose songs?
- 14 Do radio stations get paid to play songs?
- 15 How can I legally listen to my music on the radio?
What radio station plays oldies in California?
We found 113 FM radio stations and 47 AM radio stations in the Los Angeles, CA area. Los Angeles, California Radio Stations.
|City of License||Oxnard, CA|
What local station plays oldies?
Top 10 Oldies Radio Stations
- WLS-FM – 94.7 WLS-FM – Chicago, IL.
- KRCD-FM – Recuerdo 103.9 – Glendale, CA.
- KISQ-FM – 98.1 Kiss – San Francisco, CA.
- KJR-FM – Oldies 95.7 – Seattle, WA.
- WYAY-FM – 106.7 – Atlanta, GA.
- KOVE-FM – Recuerdo 106.5 – Houston, TX.
- XHRM-FM – Magic 92.5 – San Diego, CA.
Is there a radio station that plays 50s and 60s?
The hits of the 50s and 60s from the online radio platform. The hits of the 50s and 60s from the online radio platform. 977.
Can radio stations play any song?
As a noncommercial broadcast radio station (that might also stream over the Internet), you cannot simply play any music you want legally; you need permission. Rather, you can pay to license music in bulk.
Does Art Laboe still do radio?
Laboe’s radio home since 2015 is KDAY-FM/93.5 where his show is broadcast Sundays from 6 p.m. to midnight. It’s also syndicated weeknights from Oxnard to Riverside and Palm Springs — essentially all across Southern California — and other stations in the Southwest.
What is the KPOP radio station in California?
KMPC ( 1540 kHz, ” Radio Korea “, 라디오코리아) is a commercial AM radio station in Los Angeles, California. It is owned by P&Y Broadcasting Corporation. Radio Korea is a division of the Radio Korea Media Group. KMPC.
|City||Los Angeles, California|
|Broadcast area||Greater Los Angeles|
What are the best i heart radio stations?
Listen to Live Radio
- K-LOVE 107.5 FM.
- 95.5 KLOS. Southern California’s Rock Station.
- Jackson’s BIN 98.1. Black Information Network.
- 93.9 Lite FM. Chicago’s Relaxing Favorites.
- ESPN Radio. 24/7 coverage of the biggest sports.
- Fox Sports Radio. We Are Fox Sports. #
- ALT 98.7. LA’s New Alternative & The Woody Show.
What happened to oldies stations?
The successors of oldies stations in the post-Jack era have moved the timeline forward, generally dropping the oldies name—“classic hits” is the preferred term now—shaving off music from the pre-Beatles era, and bringing in more songs from the late ’70s and early ’80s.
How do I listen to the radio on my phone?
As long as you have a smartphone, you can download FM radio apps to access thousands of live and local radio stations from your phone. One of the most popular is called iHeartRadio. It’s completely free to download¹ and listen and offers thousands of live FM and AM radio stations that you can tune into at any time.
What station is 50s music?
The ‘ 50s on 5 (or just The ’50s) is a commercial-free, satellite radio station on Sirius XM Radio channel 5, as well as on Dish Network channel 6005.
What were popular radio shows in the 1950s?
- A. L. Alexander’s Mediation Board.
- Abbott Mysteries.
- ABC Mystery Theater.
- Add a Line.
- Adult Education Series.
- The Adventures of Champion.
- The Adventures of Maisie.
- The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet.
How many radios were sold in the 1950s?
How do Radios choose songs?
Most radio stations will do music surveys and ask their listeners to vote on what music they would like to hear or do some sort of market research. All radio stations also have access to BDS a tracking site that shows where songs are charting, what stations are playing what songs and how often they are spinning.
Do radio stations get paid to play songs?
As we’ve mentioned earlier, in most markets, both songwriters and recording artists are typically paid royalties any time their music is played on the radio. So, for the American-based music industry, only songwriters and their publishers (owners of the composition copyright) are paid performance royalties for airplay.
How can I legally listen to my music on the radio?
If you perform music or play recorded music on the radio, or stream (non-interactive) online, you need to obtain a public performance license. Artists typically do not need to secure public performance rights for radio because they are covered by the station.