- 1 What is a subcarrier radio?
- 2 What is an SCA tuner?
- 3 What is the difference between carrier and subcarrier?
- 4 How do I get a local radio station?
- 5 What is subcarrier spacing in 5G?
- 6 What is a subcarrier in LTE?
- 7 What is FM multiplex?
- 8 How does a subcarrier work?
- 9 Why subcarrier spacing is 15 kHz in LTE?
- 10 Why is Ofdma not used in uplink?
- 11 What equipment do I need to start a radio station?
- 12 How much does it cost to run an internet radio station?
- 13 Can you make your own radio station?
What is a subcarrier radio?
A subcarrier, known also as Subsidiary Communications Authority or SCA, is a separate audio or data channel that is transmitted along with the main audio signal over a broadcast station. These subcarrier channels are not receivable with a regular radio; special receivers are required.
What is an SCA tuner?
Subsidiary Communications Authorization ( SCA ) in the United States, and Subsidiary Communications Multiplex Operation (SCMO) in Canada, is a subcarrier on a radio station, allowing the station to broadcast additional services as part of its signal.
What is the difference between carrier and subcarrier?
There is no physical difference between a carrier and a subcarrier; the “sub” implies that it has been derived from a carrier, which has been amplitude modulated by a steady signal and has a constant frequency relation to it.
How do I get a local radio station?
How to Start a Radio Station
- Apply for a frequency. It may take a long time before you’re assigned a frequency [source FCC].
- Apply for a license. It’s illegal to operate an unlicensed radio station, even at extremely low power [source: FCC].
- Establish a source of funding.
What is subcarrier spacing in 5G?
In 5G NR, subcarrier spacing of 15, 30, 60, 120 and 240 KHz are supported. As you see here, each numerology is labled as a parameter (u, mu in Greek). The numerology (u = 0) represents subcarrier spacing of 15 kHz which is same as LTE.
What is a subcarrier in LTE?
3) An entity consisting of a orthogonal symbol (0.071428 ms) & one subcarrier (15khz) is known as Resource Element (RE). So a LTE radio frame consists of 10 subframes (i.e. total 1 ms) in time domain & 72 subcarriers (i.e. total 1080 Khz) in freq domain.
What is FM multiplex?
To transmit stereo music, FM is enhanced by stereo multiplexing which carries both L and R audio channel content. With the digital age, Radio Data System (RDS) enables FM to carry text information such as traffic, weather, and radio station information which can be displayed on the end-user’s device interface.
How does a subcarrier work?
Each subcarrier transmits one bit of information (N bits total) as indicated by its presence or absence in the output spectrum. The frequency of each subcarrier is selected to form an orthogonal signal set. These frequencies are also known at the receiver for signal recovery.
Why subcarrier spacing is 15 kHz in LTE?
In addition to this the subcarriers spacing is 15 kHz, i.e. the LTE subcarriers are spaced 15 kHz apart from each other. To maintain orthogonality, this gives a symbol rate of 1 / 15 kHz = of 66.7 µs. Each subcarrier is able to carry data at a maximum rate of 15 ksps (kilosymbols per second).
It is not possible to use OFDMA on the uplink since, as told before, it presents a high Peak-to-average Power Ratio. SC-FDMA (Singe Carrier FDMA) presents the benefit of a single carrier multiplexing of having a lower Peak-to-average Power Ratio.
What equipment do I need to start a radio station?
Radio stations require a large variety of equipment, including microphones, transmitters, audio mixers, and headphones — to name a few. Your best bet is to contact a professional radio broadcast equipment seller who can assist you in determining what equipment will best suit your needs.
How much does it cost to run an internet radio station?
Overall, internet radio stations often have the lowest cost, whereas you can launch a low power FM (LPFM) radio station for under $15,000 upfront. Month-to-month, you may be able to swing by with just under $1,000 of expenses.
Can you make your own radio station?
Creating your own radio station is pretty easy. Radio.co has streamlined the process of getting up and running in minutes. This means that you can broadcast without having to know what everything does. It is a common misconception that you need expensive equipment to setup a radio station.